Monday, August 29, 2016

There is some good news

I have my floor. It's in a pile of boxes on my front porch, but I have it.

 That's especially exciting because when we were ready to purchase, I discovered that it had been discontinued. A few cartons were available spread over a 100 mile radius. I was picturing a couple of days of driving from store to store buying 1-3 cartons at a time. 

Then I remembered that the husband spends all week in the 'burbs. The 'burbs have LOTS of stores, and a search showed me that one of those stores had 70 cartons of my discontinued flooring. 

So he went and bought it. On clearance.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

For the win! I'm liking it.

Elephantschild said...

What is it? I can't tell! Real hardwood? Engineered wood? Vinyl plank? I must know.

Jane said...

Luxury vinyl plank. It is textured like wood. Click together floating-type floor. Waterproof. With a 30-year residential warranty.

I love hardwood, but I am a messy kitchen person, and lower upkeep is better.

Advanced Roofing & Remodeling said...

Well....that's definitely a win for you guys! getting it on sale.
good luck with all your projects and make sure you choose the best contractor for the job.