Thursday, October 17, 2013

Happy things #4

For my fourth post on the things that make me happy, I vacillated.

There are two things that I really wanted to post today. But I ultimately decided to go with this one, because of the timing.

Seven years ago Tuesday, my Grandpa Beery died. He was 93 and had had a good life. He was happily married to my grandma for 70 years. He was loved and admired by his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He was always one of my favorite people. He is now enjoying Heaven with my sweet grandma, waiting for the rest of us to join them.

This box is something that he made when he was young. I am not sure how old he was when he made it. My mom might know. It sits on my enclosed front porch in its well-made, but rustic, glory and holds our boots and serves as a seat, if need be.



By the way, this post isn't about them, but my paisley rain boots make me happy, too.

2 comments:

Elephantschild said...

I never noticed this box before! Glad you called it out. :-)

mom said...

I love it that you're taking such good care of (and using) Grandpa's box. I wish I knew more about when he made it. It's one of those things that was always around and I took it for granted, I guess. We can add that to the list of things I wish I could ask my parents - you know, just pick up the phone and call them . . .