Monday, October 21, 2013

Happy thing #8

Today is a gray, cool-and-getting-colder, rainy day. I've been away from home all day, and am leaving again in a few minutes. It's the kind of evening that curling up with a book and a mug of tea sounds like one of the most awesome things in the world.

That's what I'm going to do when I get back from these last few errands.

And my tea is going to go into one of my favorite mugs.


My mother-in-law has been getting me these lovely hand-painted Polish mugs for Christmas the last couple of years. I love the size and shape and the beautiful designs. I know that my coffee and tea don't taste any better out of a pretty mug, but I definitely enjoy them more that way.

4 comments:

Melody said...

About 20 years ago, Cracker Barrel had these lovely pieces from Bolesawiec. I got 2 shallow bowls, about 9" in diameter, and an oval serving bowl, about 11" long. I spent about $60. Today? Yikers!!

Jane said...

One of mine is Bolesawiec. :) I love this stuff.

organistsandra said...

love this! Barb has seasonal mugs, which is also a sweet idea. I still have more ordinary mugs than I need, even though I've gotten rid of a bunch. But it's so true that a special, beautiful mug makes a difference.

Mary Swerens said...

I love that mug!