Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Bush is a class act

I just watched President Bush's speech congratulating Senator Obama on his victory. He was gracious and I'm sure will help to smooth the transition.

I would bet that Obama's team won't move into their offices and have to deal with vandalized computer keyboards, obscene voice messages, a chaos of switched phone and fax lines, and other juvenile acts of pique and disrespect. George W. Bush will leave the White House with dignity.

Along that thought line, there was a piece in the Wall Street Journal titled today, The Treatment of Bush Has Been a Disgrace. I have been disappointed with President Bush, and frustrated by the inability of his administration to communicate effectively with the American people. But I have been far more frustrated with and disappointed in the American people who willingly and uncritically bought into the "Bush lied" lies and the media's inarguably biased reporting.

I think history will see him differently, juat as it does Harry Truman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right! I saw the article in WSJ today, and I think it is atrocious the way President Bush has been treated. I sent him an email Monday thanking him for his 8 years of service to our country. He has kept us safe. He will be our last great president.