Friday, September 07, 2007

One of the biggest, bestest days of my life

Wow.

Twenty-one years ago today, September 7, 1986, I held the first of my children in my arms for the first time. I can't say I became a mother, because I'd already been a mother for about nine months, but the absolute joy that I felt when I first looked into my daughter's eyes that morning has rarely been matched.

She was an adorable, precocious child who has grown into a beautiful, smart, hard-working, lovable adult. I am happy to say that she is not just my daughter, but is also one of my best friends.

Happy birthday, sunshine.


(I tried and tried to find a picture of Bethany alone. Every picture has a cousin, brother or someone else in it. I finally picked this one because I like it!)

I may try to scan a few older pictures from her younger days later on.

2 comments:

Meg_L said...

Happy Birthday to both you!

I love the pic, is that you?

Jane said...

That is the lovely Bethany with one of her adoring cousins. I am not nearly so cute. :)