Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Adjusting

"My oldest is married. She lives in Madison, Wisconsin. Her husband is working on his MBA at UW."

It's funny how often this group of words has come out of my mouth during the past week. I've run into a couple of old acquaintances. My investment guy stopped by the new house to say hi. I've done an intro on a homeschooling list. I've met a new neighbor.

Somehow, I think that repeating this litany over and over is helping to make it seem real to me; it's aiding in my adjustment.


2 comments:

Delawaremamma said...

Oh Jane:-D She's a beautiful bride! The adjustment takes time (I imagine). I still get birthday cards addressed to Saron Kolaskey.

Gail said...

Congratulations to the new bride and groom and her parents. She indeed looks beautiful. And how I loved the wedding message when I read it last week.
But be forewarned. You will miss her desperately. As if you haven't figured that out already.