Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The disappearning blogger

I really had planned to blog every day in January. I even had a couple of people who said they were glad I was blogging again. But, as has happened so often over the past few years, life got in the way.

This time it was life in the form of an envelope from my husband's company outlining the details of a relocation offer. His job is moving to the Chicago suburbs, and he will be going with it. The envelope contained all of the terms under which that will happen, including provision for selling our house.

Under these terms, we really need to get the house on the market soon to get the best benefit. The house needs a LOT of work, so suddenly we are in a frenzy of packing and preparing.

This would be enough to have kept me from blogging, but throw in symposium at the seminary and the attendant socializing, and big anniversary celebration for Pastor Petersen, and a few other, smaller events  and, there you go. Disappearing blogger.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Okay, now I'm confused. I thought you were keeping your house since you're staying in the area and getting a second house for your hubby to live in Chicago? I know you have been thinking for a while about selling your current house and moving to a different one in the area, but I thought was a separate issue from the job. Why are you suddenly needing to sell so quickly?

Rachel said...

Fort Wayne is going to miss you, but guess what? I'm still in Chicago for 3 1/2 more years! I would LOVE to get to spend more time with your family...

Jane said...

Cheryl, if we sell now while Colin is relocating, the company will pay all of the costs and we have a guaranteed sale. We are going to buy something less expensive over near church and he is going to buy something up there.

Double craziness. ;)

Rachel--the kids and I are staying here, but we will definitely be up there once in a while and when we are, I'll make sure we see you!