Sunday, January 02, 2011

Wisconsin

The hubby and I took a little road trip to Wisconsin this weekend. We spent the afternoon and evening of New Year's Day with our good friends, our former pastor and his wife. What a treat!

We then spent Sunday morning--yes, you read that right, Sunday morning--driving around the Milwaukee area. We drove along the Lake and up through the campus of UW--Milwaukee, a trip I made daily when we lived there. I loved that drive, and it is every bit as relaxing and beautiful as I remembered.

After our drive, we met up with Bethany and Evan and his parents for lunch at Buca di Beppo. Bethany went to  Wisconsin with Evan on Christmas evening, and spent the week with his family, and part of the reason for our trip was to bring her home. We had a good lunch, and enjoyed meeting Evan's parents.

I didn't realize how badly I needed a break until I got away for a couple of days.

4 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Well, I've known you've needed a break like that for a long, long time!

So, so glad you got the chance!

Cate said...

Hey, my stomping ground. Too bad I wasn't here so that you could stomp on over! :)

Mom said...

I enjoyed reading about you and Colin driving through the campus of UWM. One thing I still have a visual image of (accurate or not) is your description, all those years ago, of that drive and how much you enjoyed it. That image is connected, in my mind, with your going to the Mortar Board office (with a babe on your back and your sweet little sidekick).

It's so good that you and Colin had an opportunity to slip away for a much-deserved, extended date. Maybe you could do that again soon???

Jane said...

We're going to get away for our anniversary. I'm leaning toward a road trip instead of a destination trip.