Monday, December 14, 2009

Random thoughts

Relatively pleased with the article that came from my interview last week with a reporter from the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel. She was slightly wrong on Patrick's reading age, but I think it was more a matter of me not being clear as we were talking. But over all she seemed--unlike other reporters I've dealt with--not to have the story already written in her head. She didn't take my words and torture them to mean something different, or quote me out of context. She seemed to comprehend what I was saying, and she reported it accurately.

Was inside the new addition at Trinity English Lutheran yesterday. Wow. Aesthetically pleasing and maintained the integrity of the building. Very nice.

Spent the whole day shopping Saturday and only managed to add to my list.

There are a ton of bulletins to be printed between now and January 1.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Great article!

Elephantschild said...

Do you know any backstory on the ladies who claimed "no one informed them how to homeschool"?

Jane said...

Just the assurance from someone in a position to know that, "there is more to the story" and that there were "issues." Since our only requirement is to keep attendance, I asked if they had failed to do so and was told that that might be a safe assumption.

(Also, though it isn't clear in this story, this was just one household. The women lived together.)

Mom said...

Enjoyed seeing the article . . .