Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Ten years ago and more

Rebellious Pastor's Wife Tagged me for this one. Good thing, because I am tired and feeling a bit blocked today.

What was I doing ten years ago?

I was in the process of getting settled in a new area. We had just moved to Columbus, Indiana a couple of months before, so I was finding out about things like homeschool groups, choir for Bethany, soccer teams, etc. Andrew, who was two, spent most of the summer in a figure-eight brace for his broken collarbone. Colin was working Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning in Chicagoland and then coming home to Columbus for the rest of the week. Bethany was away at camp in Wisconsin.

What are 5 things on my to-do list for tomorrow?
(tomorrow is very abnormal)

VBS
Have company (my in-laws and Sean & Anne are coming)
Send an overdue birthday card
Give myself a pedicure
Send email to some of my high school classmates about reunion plans

Snacks I enjoy:

Triscuits & cheese, fruit, homemade cookies

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Fund college for my kids & nieces & nephews
Buy a condo on the beach in Florida and open it up to our friends and family
Buy a big lake house and open it up to our friends and family
Build a house in the country with a wonderful gourmet kitchen and room for everyone to come over
Rehab houses and sell them with no interest loans
Give lots to charity

Places I have lived:
Indiana: Decatur, Anderson, Bloomington, West Lafayette, Columbus, Fort Wayne
Illinois: Lake in the Hills, Vernon Hills, Island Lake, Spring Grove
Topeka, Kansas
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Jobs I have had:
Wendy's
Dormitory Food Service
Movie theater: Concessions
Usher
Assistant Manager
Bookstore Clerk (Three different times/places)
Banquet Server (Two times/places)
Shoe Department Sales/Assistant Manager
Department Store Receiving
Cocktail Waitress
Bartender
Weight Watchers Leader
Market Research Interviewer
Waitress
Tutor
House cleaner
Real Estate Agent
Independent Sales Rep (Books)
Real Estate Assistant
Mystery Shopper
Self-employed

Six people who I would like to know more about:

I know this has made the rounds pretty well, but here are a few possibilities:
Bethany
Beth
Mel
Julie






1 comment:

Glenda said...

I didn't know you lived in my hometown. Pretty cool. Although 10 years ago I wasn't living there, but my parents still were.