Friday, July 25, 2008

The. Best. Concert. Ever.

Wow. Just wow.

We saw Rush at the Verizon Wireless Center--which we will forever call Deer Creek--last night. It was my fifth Rush concert. The first three were in the '80's; the fourth was last year.

This one was the best. It may have had something to do with the fact that it was the final show in their two year Snakes and Arrows tour. The energy was tremendous, and Geddy Lee's voice was the best I've ever heard it. They hit all of the high points, opening with Limelight and closing with Tom Sawyer, just like last time, but the additions of Red Barchetta, The Trees, and The 2112 Overture and Temples of Syrinx were a huge treat. There was a great balance of the new from Snakes and Arrows and old favorites like the aforementioned, Subdivisions, XYZ, Witch Hunt and more.

This was the first concert for Jonathan and Andrew. It will be a tough act to follow. I've been to lots and lots of concerts, but Rush is hard to touch for sheer talent and last night was extraordinary.

3 comments:

Meg_L said...

You're just trying to make me jealous about not going aren't you?

2112 is one of my favorites.

I'm glad you had fun.

Glenda said...

Have I told you just how jealous my husband is?

Jane said...

LOL, Glenda. If Rush comes this way again maybe you'll have to come down and visit family and we'll take your hubby to the concert. :)