Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Home

I'm home after what seemed like a really long trip and am trying to get caught up.

I had a long list of half (or less) finished projects around the house that I was planning to attend to this week. I need to get ready for the government class that I'm teaching. I need to get somewhat organized. So far none of that has happened.

Instead of been working at church--again with delays caused by the malfunctioning copier--driving all over town on various errands, and making business calls. (AndI've also been visiting with my friend and her baby who made an early appearance and is spending some time in the NICU.)

I went to my convention for answers. I knew that I needed to decide if I was going to continue with my business or not. This wasn't because of pressure that anyone else was putting on me, but just because, after over five years with the company, the last four not really working, I knew that for my peace of mind I needed to either do it or not. My status as a customer was not in doubt, just whether I was going to work.

I got my answers. They came from an announcement about a significant research breakthrough that I have to share with the people I care about. They came from Glenn Beck's inspiring words about knowing who you are. They came from seeing fourteen families burn their mortgages, and hearing countless stories of lives improved. How can I not share that?

So, most of my projects are waiting. I'll get ready for the class. I have to do some laundry. I'll get to the rest.

1 comment:

Marie N. said...

Sounds like it was a very worthwhile trip.

I've seen Glen Beck speak live, he is terrific!