Friday, June 06, 2008

Shopping woes

There are some things I hate to shop for: swimsuits, certain undergarments, paint, and any item of clothing for a family member who is between adults' and children's sizes.

We exhausted ourselves last summer, looking for dress shoes for Jonathan, when he was at that in-between stage, needing a size eight.

Now he needs a sport coat or suit jacket for Christ Academy. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they're expected to dress like gentlemen. It's just that Jon has outgrown his navy blazer, and while he's a bit too large for a boys 20 he swims in a mens' 38.

So we spent hours in the heat and humidity today tromping from store to store. We found one 38 that fit relatively well, but it was $365!

Not sure what I'm going to do. I think we'll head back out on Monday and just try to find a reasonably-priced, nicely-cut 38 that he can grow into.

No comments: