Monday, June 02, 2008

Good medicine

I think part of the reason this weekend was so wonderful is that I really needed to see some friends. Life has been so busy. Weeks can go by without seeing anyone except in passing at church. With the welcome end of the school year routine back at the end of April, came the less welcome end of Wednesday coffee drinking and sitting around after homeschool geography with friends.

I admit, I've been in a funk. My housekeeping is mediocre under the best circumstances, but lately it is out of control. I have so many big projects to work on, but I can't figure out how to get them done when I can't even keep the bathrooms clean.

I've not gained weight, but things have shifted so clothes don't fit like they used to. This has been glaringly apparent as I've tried to find a dress and swimsuit the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping that between working in my garden and working out at the Y, I can at least shift some things back where they belong. I want to sew, but that's just one more thing I don't have time for.

Patrick has his SAT this Saturday and I haven't spent as much time working with him on it as I would have liked. He's been doing some prep, but this is going to be a new experience. He's never taken a standardized test of any kind. He has some small motor problems and other issues that make a test like this challenging for him, but I'm confident that he will do well. (with or without my help!)

None of it is horrible. My life is good. But when I'm a bit stressed anyway my extrovert need for friends is always more pressing. So it was good.

3 comments:

Edith said...

I've just recently found your blog and am enjoying reading it. Thanks for the honesty on the housework issues - that's one of my biggest struggles. I'm trying to take baby steps to make progress.

Have a blessed day.

Kim said...

I completely understand what you mean about needing to be around your friends. I go through periods of time where I feel that need more. Since I don't have that option I've been able to use fluff books to achieve a similar end. It's not as good as actually being around people but it gets me through those stressful times.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I struggle with housework too. And although I'm an introvert, I've had those times when I really needed to be with friends. Winter is especially bad for me.