Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Life Soundtrack

My daughter took the liberty of doing this for me after she saw it on a friend's blog. It is pretty entertaining to see the results. So if you do it and post it, let me know!

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
Here's how it works:

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...
7. Include commentary

Opening Credits: Rapper's Delight, Sugar Hill Gang ( I love this! What a bizarre song for my opening credits!)

Waking Up: I Can't Fight This Feeling, REO Speedwagon (In a way this fits, because I ALWAYS try to fight the feeling that I need to get up.)

First Day at School: Good Riddance, Green Day (The time of your life??????)

Falling in Love: The Party's Over, Journey (If you only knew.)

Fight Song: St. Elmo's Fire, John Parr (Perfect, because Colin hates everything about St. Elmo's Fire.)

Breaking Up: Kyrie, Mr. Mister (Well, I love the song...)

Prom: We Belong, Pat Benatar (Prom as cult event)

Life's Ok: Kokomo, The Beach Boys (Soooooo Perfect!!!)

Mental Breakdown: The Search is Over, Survivor (Hmmmmm)

Driving: Don't Stop Believin', Journey (This is one of my favorite songs to drive to!)

Flashback: Hold On Loosely, .38 Special (Again, perfect.)

Getting Back Together: Danny's Song, Kenny Loggins (There's a miss.)

Wedding: Rockin' Into the Night, Survivor (LOLOLOLOL)

Birth of Child: Love Hurts, Nazareth (YEAH)

Final Battle: Mother, Father, Journey (Good angsty song for final battle. I think it means I lose.)

Death Scene: The Long Run, The Eagles ("I used to hurry a lot, I used to worry a lot....Oh, I didn't get it. It was high time I quit it.")

Funeral Song: Who Says You Can't Go Home, Bon Jovi (What could be better, since I don't have "Behold a Host Arrayed in White" on my iTunes?)

End Credits: Believe, Cher (Upbeat, you can dance to it, and in Heaven I know I'll be dancin'!)



3 comments:

Michelle said...

Alrighty Jane,

I tried it - it turned out kind of goofy for me - you'll have to check it out!

Gen said...

There are some great tunes for your soundtrack right there!

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I did this per Uvulapie's suggestion. He also suggested that I send him lots of money and that I grow mushrooms in my ears. Still working on the last two.