Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The world may never know

(Did anyone besides me love those old Tootsie Pop commercials?)

Anyway, I had an appointment with the neurologist yesterday. It was satisfying and not so at the same time. It was satisfying because he listened, asked lots of intelligent questions, and didn't try to attribute my symptoms to anxiety.

He agrees with my doctor that my nervous system is oversensitive and is reacting to things--in this case a virus--in an unusual manner. He can't rule out relapsing GB, but he doesn't think that's what it is.

The unsatisfying part for he and I both is that there really isn't anything to do about it, or a definitive answer. I've had a few tests that have ruled out other underlying causes. I'm supposed to see him again if I have other symptoms or if things get worse, but in the meantime, I just need to live with it until it gets better.

I am feeling so much better. The aches and exhaustion and weakness are gone, leading us to believe those were caused by the virus.

Thanks for all of your prayers and nice notes!

3 comments:

Dakotapam said...

Hey Jane, my 8 year old had a tootsie pop yesterday after dinner, and was counting licks...so the mystery continues...he bit before he got to the middle...I always do too.


I pray you get some answers soonm

Barbara Frank said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better...but will still keep you in my prayers.

BTW, if you happen to be at the Concordia FW bookstore and see a very tall new manager in from CPH St. Louis, it's my son! He just got promoted, and will be stopping in at the Fort Wayne store every month.

Anonymous said...

Goodness, I've been following your posts about being sick, and I sure hope you figure everything out! Glad you're feeling better now, though. I'll keep you in my prayers for certain!