Friday, February 22, 2008

Off to the beach

My suitcase is mostly packed.

Pinky (my iPod) is charging.

When the occupant of my office wakes up I will print my boarding passes.

My two oldest children have volunteered to keep my appointment at On My Thyme so that I can rest. (This is a really great way to be sure that the family has dinner while I'm gone. Otherwise, I have a feeling they'd be eating a lot of frozen pizza and carry outs.)

We'll be leaving here for the Indy airport early in the morning, but first tonight is the Gala Banquet and Silent Auction for the Bach Collegium. I'm in charge of the silent auction. Usually I am so organized and really do this up--decorations, coordinating colors, etc.--this year they're lucky to have bid sheets and my presence.

But after I get through tonight, it's a week of relaxation. My mom will pamper me. We'll go to the beach. I'm mot up for long walks yet, but we can take some short ones. I'm going to eat a grouper sandwich and some of the best clam chowder on the planet at Captain Curt's.

5 comments:

Melynda said...

My excitment and happiness for you far exceedes my jealously although I have some.

Marie N. said...

Have a wonderful time! I love fresh clam chowder, enjoy some for me!

Susan said...

What a good way to rest your body and your mind! Oh, have a lovely quiet time!

Meg_L said...

I hope you get feeling better!

Totallyscrappy said...

Enjoy your time away!