Monday, July 23, 2007

Book seven

I'm not saying much about The Deathly Hallows until a few more of my friends finish it. I'm fortunate to have a family who understands reading from 8:30-3:00 stopping only for brief moments for food, drink, child-hugging and cat-petting, so I was able to finish it Saturday. It helps, too, that we got three copies. We learned our lesson after two of us were trying to read Half-Blood Prince at the same time.

It was a very satisfying book, and a great finish to the series. My biggest complaint is that now I'm having trouble reading anything else! My friend, Pastor S., has posted his thoughts about the book on his blog.


2 comments:

Meg_L said...

Luckily for me, I was in the middle of another book that I set aside to read Harry. I enjoyed reading your friend's comments, btw.

Cate said...

I honestly can't remember finishing another series that I enjoyed so well in which the ending wasn't disappointing. I was expecting Rowling to disappoint as well, but I was completely wrong; what a fantastic finish to a fun, enjoyable series!