Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I'm just a puddle of sweat...

The boys and I have spent the morning working in the yard and things are starting to look pretty good. My daisies are so sweet and have spread quite a bit. The peony bushes are gorgeous and I just bought three more to put in on the other side of the yard where we are clearing grass for another bed. I decided that we all needed to come in for a break from the heat.

We've been drinking lots of smoothies. The one that I made for lunch today was awesome:blueberries, strawberries, peaches, yogurt, skim milk, vanilla protein shake powder, ground flax seeds, ground blanched almonds, and cinnamon.

So now that I've cooled off and sipped my smoothy, I'm heading back out to plant some petunias (my only annuals) and do battle with some weeds.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Yum! Can I have a smoothie (or two...or three) when I come home?

Marie N. said...

Those smoothies sound good. I found a half cup of strawberries I had burried deep in my freezer (saving for a shake or smoothie). Maybe I'll have one tomorrow.

Peonies are one of my favorite flowers to see in the garden. June gardens are so pretty.

Jane said...

Bep, you can have almost anything you want when you come home. :)

Marie, I love peonies. They are so old-fashioned and romantic looking.

I also have the most gorgeous columbines this year. They are all from seeds from those in the garden at the house my grandparents lived in for over fifty years. They get better every year!

And this year one of the rose bushes--we have four of the hybrid fancy-schmancy rose bushes--has gone wild. It is climbing all over the place like an old-fashioned rose bush and has dozens of buds. I can't wait for it to bloom!

Bethany said...

"And this year one of the rose bushes has gone wild. It is climbing all over the place like an old-fashioned rose bush and has dozens of buds. I can't wait for it to bloom! "

Oooh-ooh-ooh! I can't wait to see that! It is the one that is all sucker, or one of the more healthy ones?

Jane said...

It's the front one. I think it is all suckers. Maybe that's why it's gone wild.

I can't wait for you to see it, too. :)

Hausfrau said...

The family and I spent yesterday finishing our garden planting. More corn, potatoes, lettuce, squash, cucumbers, spinach, etc. etc. It was half done, but hubby just couldn't stand to leave it half empty. A little late, but in before June :-)

I purchased my first peony plants as well. Can't wait to see them bloom next year. Beautiful.