Friday, March 07, 2008

Out of sorts

Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's just a phase. Maybe it's because I've not been feeling well.

But I am feeling incredibly out of sorts lately.

Usually I thrive on activity and being around people. Right now I hardly want to leave my house. This is making it more than normally difficult to keep up with everything.

I'm hoping warm air and sunshine--which must surely be on the way soon--will help.

In the meantime, I need to just dig in and work on the many projects that need to happen. I am determined to sell this house this spring/summer in spite of the slow housing market. A move close to church, which also cuts Colin's drive to work by two-thirds, will save us hundreds of dollars a month is gas & car expenses alone. There are several houses for sale right now for $30-50,000 less than the very conservative amount that we hope to get for ours that would be perfectly livable for us.

In the meantime, we have more snow on the way.

5 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

You want me to come over and give you a pedicure?

Gen said...

Oh, I want a friend like Polly!

I know how you're feeling. I think I'm feeling it too. It's hard to push through and make yourself work on projects when you feel that way, but if you take just a small step toward completing your goal it often gives you extra energy to go on. I'm hoping that will be the case for both of us today!

Marie N. said...

We're getting really tired of the weather here too. I am very unmotivated to get my house cleaned for a bunch of guests tomorrow. I'm much more content to laze in front of the PC with my on-line book.

Hope you feel better soon.

RPW said...

I would tell you that it is the (lack of) sun adjustment (I felt like that when I got back from Hawaii)...but in reality I know that it is because we don't have a regular coffee house!

:)

Jane said...

Ah, Polly, just come over and have a glass of wine and some chocolate. :)

Groovy, you would like Polly. :)

RPW, the lack of an effortless, set meeting place does add an element of stress to my week. It's now a decision that needs to be made. And I gotta say, the commons does not appeal.