Monday, March 02, 2009

Reading, funerals, & headaches

Really, those things have nothing to do with each other, except they all are reasons that I haven't blogged in a few days.

I retreated into books this weekend after having a couple of particularly bad internet experiences. First, on Friday night, while searching for old friends I found out something about one that I wish I didn't know. Then I had the experience of being present in a chat room where someone made a racist remark. I left immediately, un-followed the person on Twitter, and told her why, but I still felt dirty, simply from having been present.

Saturday we had a funeral at Redeemer for the sister of several women who are very dear to me, and we ended up spending a good chunk of the day at church. Saturday night my headache made its return , and by Sunday afternoon it left me with only one option: sleep. It has been a long time since I had a headache that put me to bed, but yesterday's did.

One upside of having a funeral, is that we get a great sermon. As soon as Pastor Petersen has it posted, I'll link to it. In the meantime, if you are interested you can listen to the audio from the Redeemer Free Conference featuring Rev. Dr. Rick Stuckwisch and and Rev. Dr. Burnell Eckardt.

1 comment:

The Parson's Wife said...

Errrrr, sometimes living in this world makes me so frustrated... yet here we are. Bless your day... btw, this is my second EVER migraine day. The first time was in Fort Wayne, and I went to the ER. I get this weird vision thing doing and am at a loss with comprehension... not any pain like most migraines, which I am thankful for! Pamper yourself out of this misery!