Monday, April 21, 2008

Shower

This is why I haven't blogged for a couple of days:


We had a bridal shower for Bean on Saturday. I spent the two days leading up to it cleaning my house and fixing food. Saturday morning was spent frantically assembling food. After the shower, my dear hubby took my friend PPP--who was tremendously helpful in getting the food together and also provided me with the photo-- and I out of for a much-needed relaxing dinner.

Sunday was our semi-annual voters meeting at church, followed by a brief nap. The nap was needed because Sunday night was Bunko. It was a record-breaking Bunko night for the Redeemer ladies! We had 23 people! Twenty played while the others swapped in and out of the game or just talked. I don't know the last time I've laughed that much!

I've got a couple of blog posts swirling in my brain. They may make it out today.

3 comments:

Marie N. said...

What a beautiful spread! You must have had a lovely time.

Susan said...

Oh my, that's beautiful!!

Rev. Rick Stuckwisch said...

Thanks, Jane, for hosting such a nice shower for my Beanie, and for providing her with such gracious hospitality within your home and family these past several months.

Words do not adequately convey my gratitude and appreciation for the loving care that you have shown to my daughter, both in general with respect to your friendship, and in particular with respect to the help that you have given to her on numerous occasions. But, while it may be insufficient to the task, I say "thank you" nonetheless.