Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Remembering to give thanks

I spent today with my nieces at my mom's house. It was just a garden-variety fun day with family, but I was reminded again of how very much we have to be thankful for.

If you were reading my blog in December, or if you know me well, you will remember that we nearly lost my niece Abby to a blood clot in her brain and that her recovery has exceeded our wildest expectations.

I couldn't help but think as she climbed onto my lap after her turn bowling that things could have been so different. Not only is she alive, but she is almost completely back to normal.

That is something to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Marie N. said...

I am glad to hear the good news. It is amazing how quickly children can recover sometimes.

houseofeling said...

you are so lucky to have here! Thank the Lord!!!