Friday, January 05, 2007

Revisiting Harry Potter

One of the few good things about being sick is the opportunity to read. Over the past couple of weeks I have been re-reading the Harry Potter books, because the first time through I read them really fast so that I could pass them on to the next family member. I am enjoying this second trip through the books, picking up details that I missed and seeing things through the eyes of someone who has read all of the books and heard lots of conversations about their ultimate meaning, their Christian symbolism, etc.

I'm almost finished with Half-Blood Prince again and I feel like I have a clearer picture of the story, but I'm still not making any predictions about book 7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to re-read them all before the next one comes out.

I, too, hurried through the first ones and need to go back and read them again at a more leisurely pace.