Monday, December 04, 2006

Trying something new

Tomorrow night I'm trying something new in the perpetual battle to get dinner on the table. I am going with three friends to On My Thyme, where we will each prepare six entrees of about six servings each to take home. I know we'll have a good time; I just hope my family likes the food.

They aren't picky eaters, but I am a good cook and they are accustomed to my cooking. My husband was concerned about what meals these would be replacing and I assured him that these entrees would be for the nights that are currently covered by frozen pizzas or quick stops by the sub shop. These will be called into service on those nights that I just don't have time to cook.

I'm looking forward to this. Friends, wine, food, & conversation. I'll let you know what we think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank for stopping by my Sunflower blog! I like your photoes too!

Marie N. said...

This sounds like fun. There are places to do this around Cleveland too, but I have never been.

I think I would like finding out what kind of tips I could pick up from more experienced cooks, learning about kitched gadgets I have never used (food processor, etc.) and having the company and conversation during food prep.

Please tell us more when you are done!