Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Why Janie can't read

I am, and have always been, a reader. But this year has been rough. I am way off pace. My concentration has been horrible. I have to really be in the perfect mood for a particular book to be able to read it. I keep trying to figure out why this is. It would seem that my favorite relaxing pastime would be just the ticket when things have been a bit crazy, but that doesn't seem to be the case right now.

Very few books that I've read this year have really grabbed my attention. Those that have, have. If you want to see my reading lists, challenges, etc., I have a book blog.

I'm hoping that life getting back to normal helps. We'll see.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, I'm sorry to read this. I didn't know you were having this problem, but can identify with it. This just might be one more candidate for the healing effects of time.

I know -- maybe a week in Sarasota is just what the doctor ordered!

Bikermom said...

What Mom said. Patience. You have had an extremely busy year. Sleep, enjoy some friend time, be kind to yourself. Hugs.