Monday, April 20, 2009

Food

Tonight's dinner was so incredible. I was also so easy. I'm really trying to increase the amount of veggies that we eat. We do great in the summer, but sometimes during the colder months I have trouble. We always eat some, but probably not as many as we could.

I have roasted veggies at times in the past, but have been doing it much more frequently. Tonight I made two 11x14 pans of roasted veggies. I think we could have eaten twice as many! I just used what was in the refrigerator: sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, cabbage, carrots, and squash. It was awesome.

Tomorrow night I'm going to try caramelizing some brussels sprouts.

Speaking of food. Pioneer Woman has a quiche recipe that looks really good. Can't wait to try it.

5 comments:

Susan said...

When there are potlucks at work, Gary has been taking roasted veggies. It's easy. It's not junk food. Everybody thinks it's fantastic and wants to know how to do it. And it's just roasted veggies.

When he took pies, he brought them home with only a couple of small slices missing. When he took deviled eggs, nobody ate them. When he took casseroles, they were barely touched. When he takes a 12x17x3 pan of roasted veggies, it will come home empty.

Unknown said...

Roasted veggies sound really good!

I was just looking at that quiche recipe and thinking about making it tonight. :)

RPW said...

totally off topic...but check this out

http://www.firstthings.com/blog/2009/04/21/lizzy-bennet-and-her-katana/

Jane said...

Thanks, Lora. :)

Lora said...

I just got a big kick out of thinking about Sweet Lizzie on her way to Netherfield to check on her poor sick sister doing a crane position and dismembering zombies...