Friday, October 27, 2006

New Music

Well, new for me at least.

I purchased two CD's this week. I bought Five for Fighting's two lights, because I heard them on Fox and Friends last week. No, really, I've enjoyed their sound since the first time I heard Superman, but I kept thinking that I'd just put some songs on my iPod. But since I still don't have an iPod....

The other CD that I bought is Still the Same...Great Rock Classics of Our Time done by Rod Stewart. I am really enjoying this CD. Rod does covers of some classic '70s songs. (Bob Seger, The Pretenders, Cat Stevens, Van Morrison to name a few of the original performers) If you like Rod Stewart and you like '70s rock you'll almost certainly like this CD.

Of course, this is what suits my mood today. Tomorrow I may very well have my Sugarhill Gang CD back out.

2 comments:

Melynda said...

Oh Jane...flashbacks to my brother driving me to school with his feathers dangling from the mirror, a dome light that had "Gary's Bar" in black stickers and me bumping my head on it when I got in... and yes a Sugarhill cassette in the tapedeck. Followed by Grand Master Flash.

I had forgotten all of that too...THANKS...

Genuine Lustre said...

"If Ya Think I'm Sexy" was my favorite song in junior high, much to my parents horror I am sure!
I still like it.