Saturday, September 14, 2013

A little piece of my heart


I never gave much thought to what being a Grandmother would be like.
I just figured one day I would be, and that, of course, I would love whatever little people came along.
 
But, OH MY!


This little girl has a piece of my heart.
It goes with her when she goes back home with her mommy next week.
And I will be missing her like crazy, almost as much as I miss her mommy.

I hate it that she lives so far away, but even in that I am fortunate. 
I got to see her in August. I'm seeing her now. I will see her in October and November and December.
And I don't know exactly when or how, but I'm going to make sure that I see her in the winter, too.
And then I know that I will see her next spring when she welcomes her new brother or sister.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

How did I not see this when you posted it? NOW I'M CRYING, dagnabit.