Friday, May 16, 2008

Lost ideas

For me, the worst thing about blogging isn't writer's block, or lack of ideas, or even lack of time to write. It is the lost ideas.

I'll be driving down the road and a conversation or something on the radio will spark a train of thought. "That would make a great blog post." Or maybe it happens while I'm in the shower. Or at church.

But the state of my brain is such that very few of these ideas survive until I get to my computer. Yesterday I was all excited about an idea. I even told my two oldest children that I was going to blog about something. Unfortunately, by the time we got home five hours later, all I remembered was that there was something that I wanted to blog about.

2 comments:

ghp said...

This happens to me all the time! The most common time is when I'm drifting off to sleep at night - that's always when I have my most awesomest thoughts of world domination... ;^)

Totallyscrappy said...

Glad to know I'm in the company of great blogger-forgetters. :)